Good Friday morning!
It's IPL day!! What more could we have asked for starting off the weekend?
I have a special place in my heart for all the readers who are IPL fans, you know who you all are🤭
There are two reasons why I absolutely love IPL. One is obviously my love for the sport and the second reason is Marketing. Hear me out before you call me crazy.
The marketer in me just can’t help but notice how brands are utilizing IPL to connect with their audience via Hotstar Ads. They are raising the bar higher every year.
Talking about marketing during IPL, I have a little something for you in this newsletter. Keep reading and lookout for it.
Let’s dive in.
In today’s edition:
- How to overcome personalisation challenges for your fashion brand
- Beginners guide to PPC advertising. Grow your e-commerce sales with up to 200% return on investment (ROI).
- 5 curated Beauty Solutions to scale up your CRM Marketing
- What makes Disney+Hotstar a perfect platform of choice for advertisers this IPL season
🤑Forbes: How to overcome personalisation challenges for your fashion brand
Fashion, with its many sizes, collections, and styles, is a lot more complicated and overwhelming to consumers than most other retail categories. With all these complexities of the industry, it is no surprise that conventional approaches to personalization are falling short in fashion.
- Challenge 1: Collecting the data: One of the fundamentals of any personalization effort is gathering data, data that is reflective of target consumers’ habits and can be representative of their future behaviour. Make a data pipeline a part of your core product and shopping experience. Update this data every time a shopper interacts with your brand ensuring that the company’s understanding of their style and preferences is up to date.
- Challenge 2: Is the data still relevant? Data about consumers are also much more likely to decay in the fashion industry than in most other industries. To put it simply – one’s body size or style preferences might have changed significantly since the data has been collected. In this high-paced environment, staying on your toes and capturing the most recent insights is paramount.
- Challenge 3: When algorithms alone can’t do the job: Figuring out someone’s individual style and perception of what looks good can be a hard nut to crack just by relying on machine intelligence. One way to approach the challenge is to let algorithms do what they’re good at and leave questions of taste and style to humans.
- Challenge 4: When the Netflix approach falls short: While collaborative filtering is often fundamental in personalization technologies, this approach can sometimes fall short for fashion. For example, H&M Group decided to move away from traditional algorithms such as collaborative filtering and become creative enough to build custom-made models that will help predict the fashion our customers desire before they even know it themselves.
🛒Beginners guide to PPC advertising. Grow your e-commerce sales with up to 200% return on investment (ROI)
PPC stands for pay per click and is an online advertising model. If SEO is the long game of building organic traffic, then PPC is the shortcut to fast — but temporary — results. Search engines like Google are popular choices as a host platform because your ad will only display to users who are searching relevant keywords.
Google Ads uses two primary factors to decide ad rank:
CPC bid — This stands for cost per click. CPC is the amount the advertiser is willing to pay for each click.
Quality score — A metric made up of multiple criteria, ranging from the relevancy of the ad to the expected click-through rate.
There are many different KPIs but a few of the most common ones you should track are: Clicks, Click-through rate, and conversion rate.
Why you should PPC as a marketing channel:
- PPC is easy to learn and measure
- Control over when ads run and their price
- Ability to target specific demographics
💇🏻5 curated Beauty Solutions to scale up your CRM Marketing
Your customers have changed. They expect a lot more than what they did a few years back. Moreover, the beauty and wellness industry is inherently personal because no two faces are the same, and you can no longer cater to the mass market with the same kind of communication.
Here’s are the 5 most impactful solutions that top beauty and wellness brands use to maximize ROI via marketing:
- Run replenishment campaigns to encourage repeat orders: Track the buying behaviour of each customer and run replenishment campaigns according to their individual preferences.
- Cross-sell your products by running rejuvenation campaigns: Run combo offers by identifying your customers’ favorite product category, and clubbing those with other essential self-care products that will help them rejuvenate.
- Use offline data to get your customers online: Combine offline data with online to have a holistic view of customer behavior and trends
- Make the most out of the festive season: Use the power of AI & ML to identify the perfect audience for your festive campaigns in just a few clicks. Read more
- Make use of virtual beauty consultation to provide massive value: Run campaigns to attract your customers to your e-commerce stores by promoting your virtual consultation services.
🏏What makes Disney+Hotstar a perfect platform of choice for advertisers this IPL season
Hotstar is one of the very few OTT platforms that have been able to fully adapt to the way consumers are consuming content which is one of the main reasons for it to become every brand’s favourite.
300 million platform visitors.
25.3 million concurrent viewers
That’s the power of Hotstar.
Now, what makes Disney+Hotstar a perfect platform of choice for advertisers this IPL season?
- A plethora of ad formats to choose from
- Personalised communication based on interest, demographics, age groups etc.
- Reach highly engaged users
- Initiate campaigns with a low budget
- Ability to deliver targeted ads with audience selection options
To add to that, Hotstar provided an average uplift of 9-10% across IPL campaigns last year to the advertisers with its personalized audience selection.
To help you take advantage of Hotstar to mint money this IPL, read this detailed report and stay ahead of everyone else!
🔎Hand-picked tool for the week: Hunter.io
Your chance to discover some of the most unknown & helpful tools made for marketers like you.
Find email addresses of almost everyone and anyone to connect with people that matter for your brand with hunter.io
🤗Brand & Marketing News
And before we say goodbye, sharing a piece of good news we received this week. Xeno is the 2nd best CDP software in Asia (by G2) 🎉
It’s moments like these that keep us motivated and give us the courage to fight 😌
That’s all for today folks. Have a great weekend, and don’t forget to tune into IPL at 7 p.m today😋